Some
of you may know that I am coaching middle school boys basketball this season. It has been interesting to say the least. I am primarily responsible for the B and C teams while the coach who really knows what he is doing is primarily responsible for the A team. We had our first game today against Marist Brothers International School. The A team wound up winning 53 - 13. The B team also won 25 - 11. I credit this to two things. The MBIS game plan seemed to involve shooting from
somewhere around the 3 point line. Since they were middle school, these shots were
mostly off. Then on defense MBIS seemed intent on defending the 3 point line. So all we had to do was get the ball inside for a shot. Next week should be a bigger test as we travel to Kobe to take on Canadian Academy. This is fun, but I don't think I am going to stop teaching math any time soon. 
The highlight of the game came after it was over. Both teams line up and bow to each other, then shake hands. Then they bow to the referees, then they run over to the opposite bench and bow to the opposing coach. So after the B game I had 15 boys come up and bow to me in unison. All in all, an auspicious start to the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment