Saturday, October 11, 2008

Karen's here!





It’s hard to believe that I am really in Japan- the Land of the Rising Sun. What fun it is… I still marvel that the Lord opened up this opportunity for Jeph and I and I remain humbled.
Although I have only been here for two days, I wanted to capture some of my initial thoughts/feelings/observations before they all become ‘normal’. Never blogging before, I am sure there are rules as to the length of one’s blog, so… let me first go back to my last days in NC-

October 6, 2008
My last day of work at Communities In Schools of NC. A bittersweet day- filled with both joy and sorrow and yet excitement for what is to come.. My co-workers (see photo) provided a perfect send off with a scrumptious lunch (although I should have stopped after my first plate full!) , a spectacular cake (thanks Amy.. see photo- it was amazing and it tasted great too!), a beautiful gift (the sculpture is precious, sorry there is no photo!) and a beautiful asian purse filled with special notes from very special friends. Thanks guys- I can’t even begin to express what your love means to me but I will treasure you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment