Woke up just in time to answer the call that the bunk beds that Jeph had bought from a fellow teacher were here. Jeph got them put together (see photo) and we are officially ready for visitors! I finally got unpacked and in doing so, re-organized the closets and dressers. Poor Jeph- it may take him a while to figure out where I put everything! I love Japanese closets- it is probably difficult to tell from the photo but they are extremely deep. They are made to house the futon during the day where they are folded and stored. Since we have a real bed, we have all the extra room for storage- it’s wonderful.
Today felt almost normal- while Jeph worked on mid-semester comments for his students, I cleaned the house and Jeph showed me how to work the washing machine and explained his hanging methods. We did two loads of wash and the clothes are currently hanging out on our balcony (see photo). I definitely have a new appreciation for a sunny, windy day!
Looking forward to going to church tomorrow and possibly touring around Osaka in the afternoon.
Today felt almost normal- while Jeph worked on mid-semester comments for his students, I cleaned the house and Jeph showed me how to work the washing machine and explained his hanging methods. We did two loads of wash and the clothes are currently hanging out on our balcony (see photo). I definitely have a new appreciation for a sunny, windy day!
Looking forward to going to church tomorrow and possibly touring around Osaka in the afternoon.
Glad to know you made it there safely, Karen! It sounds like an exciting adventure already.
ReplyDeleteWe're enjoying Kobi a lot. She says "meow" to you!