
The kids surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of pink flowers today- in honor of Mother's Day. They are gorgeous and I feel incredibly blessed to be their mom.Just a quick update- I (Karen) am home in Cary, NC. Unfortunately, Jeph is still in Osaka- classes don't end until June 30th! While flying home (I had a few hours), I had fun pondering the whole idea of "home"- how I can feel so at 'home' in Osaka, yet I was eager to come 'home' to NC. I know the saying that 'home' is where your heart is but also believe that Christ has made His 'home' in my heart and is busy preparing an eternal 'home' that I yearn for. Maybe I needed to be in the air a few more hours to get a better handle on the whole 'home' thought, but I did have fun pondering!
It is fun to be back- although I do admit it is a bit lonely and I already miss Jeph! I went to the Velto's and relieved them of their cat-sitting duties and am really enjoying having Kobi's company. She is sitting on my lap as I type this and is gently purring. Guess she's glad to be 'home' too! I am enjoying her presence for a few more days before I take her up to Kristin's new apartment in Pittsburgh. I will miss her but I know Kristin will really enjoy having her (and I am so excited to see Kristin too!).
Andrew is due home tomorrow and I can't wait to see him. As I type this, he and Amberly are packing up his dorm room and preparing to venture into Boston for the night before Andrew heads home. Amberly has been a great sister/substitute mom this year- what a gift!
It is fun to be back- although I do admit it is a bit lonely and I already miss Jeph! I went to the Velto's and relieved them of their cat-sitting duties and am really enjoying having Kobi's company. She is sitting on my lap as I type this and is gently purring. Guess she's glad to be 'home' too! I am enjoying her presence for a few more days before I take her up to Kristin's new apartment in Pittsburgh. I will miss her but I know Kristin will really enjoy having her (and I am so excited to see Kristin too!).
Andrew is due home tomorrow and I can't wait to see him. As I type this, he and Amberly are packing up his dorm room and preparing to venture into Boston for the night before Andrew heads home. Amberly has been a great sister/substitute mom this year- what a gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment